Apparently, Rev. Richard Martin who is recorded in the Freeman’s Journal as “B Martin” are the same persons. Richard James Martin, known as “Major” occupied Clareville from 1845 until his death there in 1854.
In a Memorial made in London and dated 3rd March, 1845 between himself and Dorothy Browne Clogston he gave his address as “Clareville in the County of Galway”. He married Ms. Browne Clogston in London on 4th March, 1845.
He was active as a Justice of the Peace in the local Petty Session Court.